How to live:

LEARN FROM YESTERDAY, LIVE FOR TODAY, HOPE FOR TOMORROW, BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, KEEP MOVING FOWARD.

Friday, May 27, 2011

My Poem: Show Me Your Glory
















My footsteps beat against grains of sand
Running in time to complete a task at hand
Scorched from the stifling heat of the strangling day
Still they manage to press foward without delay
My eyes search the horizon for the distant place
Where consolation flows throughout the entire space
And solitude is no longer the only affiliation
Ah, How I seek in anticipation...
Reaching the ridged rocks where the waves collide
Where sparkling blue depths and the heavan divide
My ears hear a sinlge voice call out:
"No need child for you to reman in doubt,
For I have come to show you the way,
Under the shelter of my wing you shall stay!"

The voice withdraws from me all of my confusion
No longer do I reside in a misleading illusion
Of a treacherous shore
Trapping me once more
No, Now to know that You will always be so near
No more do I have to live in fear
Of tribulaton
For You have granted me restoration

Thus, one day these waves will cease to cause turmoil
Their twisting grasp around me will finally uncoil
Allowing my feet to fully stand still
On Your glorious hill
Of grace and protection
I do not need to search for my own direction

1 comment: