How to live:

LEARN FROM YESTERDAY, LIVE FOR TODAY, HOPE FOR TOMORROW, BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, KEEP MOVING FOWARD.

Monday, January 17, 2011

My Reminder: Taken Away

Til this very day that spot in my heart will not go away.
It is nothing but empty space, for it can never be filled.
Cold and dreary, still in its stage of mourning.
How I long for it to flee from my essence and never come back.
This power I truely do lack.
I no longer have the strength to keep the agony from winning, therefore my world keeps spinning.
Been taken away and that empty spot is all there is to show for it.
Darkness fills my endless pit.
Been taken away from what should have been life.
It was stolen by fate, the thing I now truely hate.
Left are only what ifs and what could have beens.
Why me I always say, even til this very day.
Why was I taken away.
Over and over the same response sounds in the distance.
Before me lies the world I now reside in.
Filled with my imaginary visions of what was to be.
That block my sight so that I can no longer see.
It is when I finally come back to reality does that space within yearn to be finally consumed.
To be forgotten so that I can move on.
To forgive in order to move on.
It twice transformed my life and has only left me scars to cover and hover over me.
The first occurance ended in disaster but it is the key.
For it inflicted on my life the most, now treating me as its host.
To laugh at me, to show me no mercy.
Such first experience, my body regularily endured the blows from the hands.
Until the point of my feet failing me and I would fall.
Then the pain swept over my body sounding its desperate call,
For help. For comfort. For love.
Oh how I long for the reminders to flee from my essence and never come back.
This power I truely do lack.
I no longer have the strength to keep the agony from winning, therefore my world keeps spinning.
For I have been taken away and that empty spot is all I have to show for it.
Darkness fills my endless pit.
Such life was to contain no abuse.
But I was taken away by fate, the thing I now truely hate.
Now reminders make their mark on my fragile state.....

1 comment:

  1. I feel the heartbreak in this as if it were my own. Powerful words !

    ReplyDelete